For some unknown reason, I woke up feeling very happy. It’s not unusual for me to be in a good mood, but today I feel exceptionally hopeful. I can’t stop smiling.
I’m trying to figure out what makes today different.
• I checked the temperature on my phone and it was in the low 70s. A perfect day for a walk.
• It’s bright and sunny after a few days of dark gray clouds.
• I went to sleep early and slept through the night.
• I have an entire day without a “to do list.”
• I’ve recently spent time with friends and had visits with my kids.
• I’m backing up my files on my new laptop — which by the way — doesn’t mysteriously delete my work.
• I had my home-baked banana nut bread with coffee for breakfast. Maybe it’s the sugar in the banana bread. The recipe is from my mom’s old orange Betty Crocker cookbook. It reminds me of my childhood.
• My rewrite of my manuscript is going well. I’ve decided to tell the story from the four main characters’ points of view rather than from one.
• I’m reading an enjoyable book called “The Optimist’s Daughter” by Eudora Welty.
What little things make you feel positive and encouraged for the day?